A project of AIGA/NY featuring Design/Relief and the work of the New York chapter members for NYCxDESIGN at Industry City, Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
Time has come to show off, you, your work, you as a NYC designer, your idea of New York. Submit now. As a way to celebrate design in the city during the month of May and everyday and also the AIGA Centennial, the New York chapter of AIGA is launching [NYC Making Place], a special online call for your ideas and images that respond to the following question:
“HOW DOES DESIGN CREATE A SENSE OF PLACE IN NEW YORK CITY?”
A selection of 100 entries will be projected at the Sunset Park Industry City venue for 2 weeks. Please submit your image no later than Tuesday April 15th, 11:59PM.
Submissions can be:
- Your own creation for this call for images/ideas
- OR your own work sample if relevant to the question
- OR someone else’s work you admire and is relevant
- Submit 1 single image, as a 1680 x 1050 px PNG file at 72 ppi
- Insert it in the PPT/Keynote template; credit and caption should be included at the bottom of each slide, please follow template shown
- Use the following naming convention for files: [AIGANYC-Lastname-Firstname.png] and [AIGANYC-Lastname-Firstname.ppt]
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org your single PNG file and high res PDF document (save your PPT or Keynote as an unlocked PDF)
- April 15 by 11:59 PM, Submission deadline
- Review and selection by AIGA/NY Board of Directors
- May 10 launch at NYC Making Place, the AIGA/NY exhibit at NYCXDESIGN
Some of the entries might also be featured in Design/Relief’s TUMBLR about Creative Placemaking